- What can I say. 2011 should be some kind of a clearance year. I got a lot of stuff to clear from 2010. I got a lot of things I want to do. I’m going to be working hard for everything to be great.
- Well, actually half this year is almost gone. The only thing I can wish for is being healthy and be with all my friends as much as I can
- I’m deleting Elbrus from 2009 goals list. Instead I want one thing – to recover as quick as possible and re-gain my physical form.
- The highest peaks of the four highest Bulgarian mountains
The Elbrus goal was not successful. Reached 5200 m. altitude and got back. Next year will try it again.
Elbrus – the journey should start August 23rd. My primary goal is to be best fit till then. Or better – till Aug 1st. This means have a healthy weight, perfect (or better) fitness condition, etc. I’ll be updating this with small goals, schedules, reports as often as possible.
I’ll be traveling with Mondo agency and Evgeniy Dinchev leader. Here’s what the summit plan is:
- 23 august – Sofia -Istanbul bus.
- Flight Istanbul – Nalchik.
- Travel to Prielbrusie National park and settling in a tourist base.
- Two day acclimatisation to Cheget and The Space Observatory.
- Climbing to 4100 m. altitude and settlement in a base.
- 2 day acclimatisation to 5000 m. altitude.
- Summit day – leaving during night with a ratrack to the Pastuchov rocks and climbing the West Summit.